Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fallen Pt 13

I waited for about ten minutes after the plane landed and was about to move out when a new truck drove into the compound. instead of stopping at the loading dock, it went straight to the tunnel and drove inside.
I wondered for a second how the dealt with carbon monoxide in the tunnel.
There were several people in the bed of the pickup and one of them looked like a little kid about Farren's age or so.
Could Diablos be taking other people hostage? What if he had more prisoners in there? Would it help them more if I tried to escape or if I tried to rescue them? I needed to escape and then the Authorities could come and rescue the other prisoners if there even were other prisoners. How would I escape? There was that plane. I could steal it. What if I stowed away on it? I could hide in the baggage compartment and then sneak out later!
I snuck as carefully as I could in the direction of the landing strip. Staying to the tallest grass and shrubs I tried to make a large circle around the compound. It took me over an hour to make the distance that was less than a half a mile. There was no one around the plane when I got there. I opened the door to look inside. I crawled over the front seats into the back and pushed aside a coat that was laying on the back seat. I stopped. That coat looked familiar.  I held it up. I have always wondered what hey meant when they said 'My blood turned to ice in my veins. Now I knew. The coat was Farren Greene's. My little brother. Then it was him in the back of the truck! So much for me needing to escape and then get help. I needed to get my brother. I turned to climb out of the plane and was stopped by a round hole. To be correct it was a barrel; a very large barrel. To a very large gun. and an even larger man that was holding the gun.
"Get out!" He barked.
I slowly raised both hands in the air and stepped out of the craft. He backed up slowly as I advanced and I noticed that he was about to step on a rock. I tensed. He smiled with pleasure, no doubt because he had captured me and was going to get a raise or something. He took one more step back and the rock rolled out from under his foot and he stumbled backwards. I lunged and slapped the gun aside just as it went off. The bullet thwacked into the wing as I slammed my palm into the man's nose. The pungent smell of fuel filled the air as I wrestled with my assailant vying for control of the gun. It went off again and there was a massive explosion followed by waves of heat. The force sent us both skidding and tumbling along the ground. Something slammed in to my head and everything went black.



No comments:

Post a Comment