Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fallen Pt 4

"Whew!  It sure is nice to be home again! HUNTER, WE'RE HOME!"  Edith Greene called as the family spilled through the front door.

"I think he probably knows that already, as loud as YOU ALL are!" said Tony Green, tickling the two littlest boys.

"I bet he's hiding!" Middle brother exclaimed.

"Let's go find him!" Other brother said, in a loud whisper.

Soon the boys were searching through all their favorite hiding places.

"Well, it is good to be home again, although I really enjoyed our trip!"  Edith sighed as she set her purse and bags down on the kitchen table.  "Oh, look!  Hunter left a note."

"Ah!  Is he bringing home pizza?"  Dad asked.

"No, he says he's on a new case.  Tony, he says he's on a stakeout.  I don't think I like this.  This note seems... weird somehow.  It doesn't seem right."  Mom handed Dad the note, a slight frown marring her brow.

"Seems o.k. to me.  I'm glad he has a new case!  I understand your unease, though.  I don't want him going on stakeouts without having a contact procedure in place first.  I'm sure he is alright though.  Tomorrow I'll talk with deputy Ludlow.  He can keep an eye out for Hunter and I am sure he will have some great suggestions for dealing with stakeouts.  Hunter probably already talked to him.   Right now, let's get the kids together and do devotions.  We'll pray for Hunter's case as well as his safety!"

No comments:

Post a Comment