Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fallen Part 3

"Bring that in and set it here!"
The speaker turned on the light in the room, further blinding me.
I blinked for a few second letting my eyes adjust to the bright light. All the while I could hear a clinking sound. After a while the sounds stopped and the door closed again. I saw a table that had been set for a nice dinner, with china plates, glasses, and two forks. There was a man seated at the table.
"Please," he said with a grin, "Come and sit down. Eat! it is just time for supper!"
I recognized the man as the one I had bumped into the other day , or was it just this morning?
I sat down warily, eyeing the man.
He was about mid forties, slender, blond and had aquiline features. He was wearing a very expensive looking suit, and there was a cane, gloves and panama hat resting against a leg of the table.
I bowed my head and prayed, then started in on a delicious looking Caesar salad. The instant before I started eating I realized it might be poisoned. Sanity banished that thought.
'Why would they bring me here just to poison me?'
We eat in silence until we were done with the salad.
"Would you like some wine or a soft drink?" my 'host' asked.
"Just water thanks." I answered.
He poured a glass of water for me and opened a bottle of wine for himself.
"I think you will like the T-bone steak. I have an excellent chef. Sometimes he uses the strangest ingredients but always produces the Best dishes." My host chatted nonchalantly throughout the rest of the dinner. I couldn't stop thinking me sitting there eating an amazing dinner with a man who either kidnapped me or was a fellow prisoner. His next word settled that.
"I was surprised you have not attacked me yet. From your performance a year ago I would have thought you would have escaped my now!"
"I probably couldn't." I replied. "Besides, that cane is loaded."
"My cane?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yup. Sword cane if I am not mistaken."
The man chuckled and nodded.
"Now," He said as he stood up. "Down to business. We don't want your education to suffer while your here, so---"
"Wait!" I interjected, "Before that I have some questions."
"Well all right, what is on your mind?"
"One, Who are you? Two, Why am I here? And three, Where is here? Like you said we wouldn't want to let my education suffer! Educate me!"
He laughed at this.
"Educate you! Fine! Who am I? Well I am like all the villains in every novel written summed up into one! I am like Moriarty to Sherlock Holmes, Long John Silver to Jim Hawkins, and Sauron to Middle earth! I am the Arch Nemesis of All hero's ever. I am the Antagonist ! I have fun being to bad guy! I am the greatest antagonist ever! However that wouldn't do for a name, so you'll just have to call me, oh, Mr Jacob Diablos. As for your second question, Mr Greene, I have but one thing to say, Be Patient! Now as to you educa-"
"You don't wish to answer the third?"
 Diablos Grinned cruelly.
"Why you are in a stone cell under the surface of the earth! Moving on, you will have fencing lessons, lessons in any form of martial arts you wish, a math tutor, one also for English, French and Latin. I can have almost any book you want brought down here. I will supply virtually anything you need for many different activities."
He turned to leave then paused and slightly turning he added, "do hope you don't tire of our hospitality and try to escape!" The door opened and I glimpsed several men in black combat gear carrying large assault rifles in the corridor. A second later the door closed and ended the strangest meal and conversations I had ever had.






No comments:

Post a Comment